An mBot is the kit supplied by RoboGames. It's an all-in-one solution to enjoy the hands-on experience of programming, electronics, and robotics. Work with mBlock inspired by Scratch 2.0 and connect with computers or smart devices via Bluetooth or 2.4G (they are different versions of the same kit). We recommend the Bluetooth version of mBot for RoboGames 2018. This easy-to-assemble mBot provides infinite possibilities for you to learn STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics).
Teams will purchase an mBot robotics kit supplied by RoboGames or supply their own Arduino / Raspberry Pi robots. Our kit version is 1.1
mBot Robot Site
mBot User Manual
This manual will be included in the package. It has general information about mBot and instructions about putting all parts together.
mBlock (For PC)
mBlock is a graphical programming environment based on Scratch 2. Open Source Code that makes it easy to program Arduino projects.
mBlock Education App (IOS & Android)
mBlock brings new possibilities for kids: by learning to program, they can develop problem-solving strategies and build design and communication skills.
- iOS Supported for iPhone4S/iPad 3 and above iOS 8.3 and above
- Android Supported for Android 4.1 and above
Makeblock BUILDER App (IOS & Android)
More than a robotic controller, Makeblock is a powerful tool for users to realize their creative ideas rapidly.
Other Links about mBot
What’s new with mBot 1.1?
- Compared to the previous version, mBot V1.1 comes with a casing specially designed for protecting main control board. Meanwhile, the casing is atomized to safeguard children’s eyes from the glare of the onboard LED.
Better Auxiliary Wheel
- The ball omni-directional wheel of previous version is replaced by a mini nylon caster wheel that performs better when moving to any direction and dramatically reduces the little clack sound caused by a steel ball.
- Contains 38 assembly parts that can be assembled in 10 minutes and color-labeled RJ25 ports for convenient wiring, making sure more time can be spent on programming and creativity.
- Drag-and-drop graphical programming software mBlock developed based on Scratch 2.0 provides a quick way to learn programming, control the robot, and realize multiple functions from the robot.
- mBot is all about fun and creativity. It comes with various basic pre-assembled options, including obstacle-avoidance car, line-following vehicle, remote control car, and can be used in multiple games like balloon bursting game, soccer playing, sumo, and etc.
- The mechanical body of the mBot is compatible with Makeblock platform and most of Lego parts, while the electronic parts of it is developed based on the Arduino open source ecosystem. This makes sure that the mBot has infinite extensibility, using any mechanical parts and electronic modules you need to turn it into your “dream robot”.
Unique Curriculum System
- To help teachers, parents, or children get started easier and faster, you will also find that we provide online manuals and two online courses that will be updated regularly. These online tutorials are developed and maintained by teachers, especially scratch teachers, at home and abroad.
Add-on Packs Available
- Not included with Base Kits)
- mBot Add-on Pack Interactive Light & Sound is a 3-in-1 pack based on mBot. You can construct “lighting chasing robot”, “Scorpion robot” and “Intelligent voice-activated desk light ” with mBot and the components in this pack. Each one has infinite possibility.
- The Electronic Add-on Pack is to expand on your Starter Robot Kit. There are 8 electronic modules in it. With this add-on pack and Starter Kit, you can create a lot of cool project. You can also implement several projects in Inventor Electronic Kit.
- The Makeblock Inventor Electronic Kit is a modular electronic platform for quick prototyping. This kit contains 12 sensors and actuators, each with a color-coded connector to simplify wiring. Each module comes with Arduino library for quick programming.
Want to know what else is available from MakeBlock to learn? Check out this link for more details.