Assessment services are offered to measure a student's current knowledge, finding the level of course work which will be most suitable.
Selkirk College offers a variety of assessment services and specialized tests, internal, external and specific exams to help you meet the prerequisites of your program.
Selkirk College also uses the College Readiness Tool (CRT) which is designed to assess your academic readiness while offering you information and resources to ensure your college experience will be as successful as possible.
Coming to college is more than just being academically ready. Financing, housing, transportation, health issues, family and/or work obligations, can impact your college experience. You may be anxious about meeting new friends, passing your courses or writing tests. We aim to make writing your initial tests or specialized program exams an accessible and positive experience.
College Readiness Tool
- The College Readiness Tool (CRT) is designed to assess your academic readiness while offering you information and resources to ensure your college experience will be as successful as possible.
External Exam Services
- Students attending institutions other than Selkirk College may access external exam services
Internal Exam Service
- Exam services are available for Selkirk College students and students from other institutions
- Typing tests are available at the Castlegar, Nelson and Trail campuses.
Special Exam Sittings
- Special exam sittings for the GED, SAT, LPI, CSI, CMA, PCAT, CUIC and TRU tests are available