Multi-Process Alloy Welding - Certificate
Multi-Process Alloy Welding (MPAW) is a 5 week program that covers material similar to Welder A. Upon successful completion of the MPAW program and a further 900 hours of work-place hours Welders earn the MPAW endorsement and an MPAW Stamp will be placed in their logbook by the ITA.
Multi-Process Alloy Welding is a 5-week, post-apprenticeship, shop-based program for certified welders who wish to expand their skill sets, gain advanced certification, and enhance career opportunities. Admission is restricted to indentured IP-certified welders. Upon completion of the program, successful completion of a standardized exam, and 5,400 hours of field experience, a “Multi-Process Alloy Welding” will be affixed to the welder’s existing Certificate of Qualification.
Upon successful completion of this program, learners will be able to:
- select electrodes for shielded metal arc welding (SMAW).
- use the SMAW process on low carbon steel plate and pipe.
- use the SMAW process on stainless steel and/or low carbon steel plate and pipe.
- use the gas tungsten arc welding (GTAW) process for stainless steel.
- describe specialized welding processes.
- describe common ferrous, non-ferrous, and reactive metals and their weldability.
- describe die castings and their weldability.
- interpret and apply mechanical drawings and layout components.
- fabricate weldments.
- Graduation from a British Columbia Senior Secondary School or equivalent.
- Welding Experience
- Physically fit, (mobility/lifting) good manual dexterity, hand-eye coordination, balance, work at heights & in adverse weather.
- Students must supply some hand tools, safety boots, leather wear and purchase module texts at a cost of approximately $600.
- A refundable tool deposit of $100 will be required at the start of the program.
In order to receive your credential in your program you must maintain a minimum of 70% average.
Tuition & Fees
Find Out More
We look forward to connecting with you! Fill out this form and we'll reach out to you.