Multi-Process Alloy Welding - Certificate
Multi-Process Alloy Welding (MPAW) is a 5 week program that covers material similar to Welder A. Upon successful completion of the MPAW program and a further 900 hours of work-place hours Welders earn the MPAW endorsement and an MPAW Stamp will be placed in their logbook by the ITA.
Multi-Process Alloy Welding is a 5-week, post-apprenticeship, shop-based program for certified welders who wish to expand their skill sets, gain advanced certification, and enhance career opportunities. Admission is restricted to indentured IP-certified welders. Upon completion of the program, successful completion of a standardized exam, and 5,400 hours of field experience, a “Multi-Process Alloy Welding” will be affixed to the welder’s existing Certificate of Qualification.
Upon successful completion of this program, learners will be able to:
- Select electrodes for shielded metal arc welding (SMAW)
- Use the SMAW process on low carbon steel plate and pipe
- Use the SMAW process on stainless steel and/or low carbon steel plate and pipe
- Use the gas tungsten arc welding (GTAW) process for stainless steel
- Describe specialized welding processes
- Describe common ferrous, non-ferrous and reactive metals and their weldability
- Describe die castings and their weldability
- Interpret and apply mechanical drawings and layout components
- Fabricate weldments
- Graduation from a British Columbia Senior Secondary School or equivalent
- Welding experience
- Physically fit, (mobility/lifting) good manual dexterity, hand-eye coordination, balance, work at heights and in adverse weather.
- Students must supply some hand tools, safety boots, leather wear and purchase module texts at a cost of approximately $600.
- A refundable tool deposit of $100 will be required at the start of the program.
In order to receive your credential in your program, you must maintain a minimum of 70% average.
Tuition & Fees
All amounts are estimates and are subject to change. Tuition amounts are based on a full-time course load. Please note that many programs have additional costs beyond those listed here. For more information, please visit Tuition & Fees.
Find Out More
We look forward to connecting with you! Fill out this form and we'll reach out to you.