Writing can be difficult. It’s a process that takes time. If you aren’t feeling confident about your writing, or you're having trouble knowing where to start or how to revise an essay, we are here to help!
Writing tutors and learning skills coordinators can help you develop effective writing strategies and gain valuable skills to write well in college (and for the rest of your life!). We can help you to:
- Get started by understanding the assignment, its purpose and the expectations
- Allow enough time for each step: planning, drafting, revising, editing and proofreading
- Use the assignment guidelines to keep you on track
- Use a specific citation style to format your paper and cite your sources (APA, IEEE, etc.)
- Organize and develop ideas to support your main point using simple, concrete language
- Understand grammar and punctuation rules
Get Writing Support
If you’re in Castlegar or Trail, visit the Writing Centre.
WriteAway is an online writing tutoring service. Using WriteAway means you can receive feedback and strategies to improve your writing from qualified tutors. Better yet, WriteAway accepts submissions seven days a week, 24 hours a day, and feedback is usually provided within 48 hours.
You can also submit the same assignment up to three times and request specific kinds of feedback.
Learn more about WriteAway or submit your first assignment.