To Study in Canada, you will need a study permit from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). The processing times will vary based on:
- Type of application submitted (Type: regular, SDS or Regular Stream).
- Volume of applications received.
- How easily we can verify information.
- How well and how quickly you respond to any requests or concerns.
- Whether the application is complete.
We recommend applying for your study permit at least 13 weeks before the beginning of your program.
Study Direct Stream Program
The Study Direct Stream (SDS) program will speed up the processing application process for students with English language abilities. Students applying for a program under SDS must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- An IELTS score with a minimum band of 6 for each ability (listening, reading, writing and speaking) taken within the past two years.
- Purchase of a special guaranteed investment certificate (GIC) from Scotiabank of CAD $10,000 to cover living expenses for the first year of stay in Canada.
- Proof of payment of the tuition fee for one year.
- Upfront medical examination at least one week before submission of the application.